develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from April 2000

Re: CVS: Ugh

From:
Ilya Zakharevich
Date:
April 5, 2000 13:59
Re: CVS: Ugh
Message ID:
20000405165913.A25578@monk.mps.ohio-state.edu
On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 01:45:11PM -0700, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > Well, I would not mind if `diff -u' could handle moves of a large
> > chunk of text from one place to another in a meaningful way.  ;-)
>
> A long time ago (mid-80s?) I had someone's version of diff that
> actually could notice and represent _moved_ lines.  It was helpful
> from time to time.  Want me to dig it up?

I do not think it would be useful without matching functionality of
`patch'.  :-(

> I might need to find a working 5 1/4" floppy.  :-,

I have the same problem.  One of my computers's 5 1/4" floppy is still
working, but it is in Berkeley, and I spend a lot of time in Ohio.  ;-)

Ilya