develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from April 2000

Re: CVS: Ugh

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
April 5, 2000 13:10
Re: CVS: Ugh
Message ID:
E12cw8I-0005Xp-00@mserv1a.u-net.net
Gerd Knops <gerti@BITart.com> writes:
>What's wrong with Perforce? Not open source, but they provide free
>FreeBSD/Linux licenses for developers of free software.
>
>I never could get the hang of CVS, it's just to darn complicated and
>to easy to do the wrong thing. Perforce is much easier to use, and
>has been working reliable for me and many others for a long time.

Seconded. It works really well over ssh - even with a dubious 28K modem
link it was adequate to work on perl5.005 when depot was in Oxford
and I was in Dallas. Still fine with depot in Vancover and me in UK.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons