develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from April 2000

Re: CVS: Ugh

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
April 5, 2000 11:28
Re: CVS: Ugh
Message ID:
4.3.0.20000405142154.018f5850@24.8.96.48
At 11:06 AM 4/5/00 -0700, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
>But to be more precise, CVS's limitations are like those of Windows
>_filesystems_.  On the other hand, Windows isn't the only system with
>such limited file semantics.  On the gripping hand, I couldn't have
>said "VMS", or no one would have gotten the point.

Well, not no one. (I'm presuming, of course, that you're not conflating
Windows and VMS' filesystems, given VMS doesn't have those silly
limitation) Why, want a CMS library for this? I can drag the Vaxstation
II/GPX (A slower system you've never seen. 1/3 blazing VUPS of processing
power... :) out and attach it to the net, though there's still the issue of
clients.

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk