develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from April 2000

Re: CVS: Ugh

From:
Gerd Knops
Date:
April 5, 2000 11:22
Re: CVS: Ugh
Message ID:
20000405182215.7929.qmail@camelot.bitart.com
Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> According to Michael G Schwern:
> > ClearCase is great and all, but its bloody expensive.
>
> Yeah. And if only there were a free version ... Shoot, maybe that's
> what I'll do when I'm done with Topaz.
>
> > PS Has anyone experience with Bitmover?
>
> That would be BitKeeper ... and no, I haven't used it yet.

What's wrong with Perforce? Not open source, but they provide free
FreeBSD/Linux licenses for developers of free software.

I never could get the hang of CVS, it's just to darn complicated and
to easy to do the wrong thing. Perforce is much easier to use, and
has been working reliable for me and many others for a long time.

Gerd