develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from April 2000

JVM implementation like Jpython?

From:
Dickerson, Monty W.
Date:
April 5, 2000 11:21
Subject:
JVM implementation like Jpython?
Message ID:
F99F3F7C7049D211BC700008C7B1F09003DBB608@texas.econophone.com
Chip,

I blush every time I hear the Jpython people boast about how
Python for the Java Virtual Machine is the way to script
JavaBeans and EJB... and think "Perl will kick your butt you #@$!"
:) but we're moving in that direction and the JPL project to
get perl5 working good with Java VM looks a year off and
with severely crippled functionality.

What thought have you done about making perl6 run in the JVM?
Now that'd be the way to do EJB!  :=)

> --
> Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -
> <chip@valinux.com>
> "I wanted to play hopscotch with the impenetrable mystery of
> existence,
>     but he stepped in a wormhole and had to go in early."  // MST3K

montyd
<servlet_man@email.com>