develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from April 2000

Re: CVS: Ugh

From:
Ilya Zakharevich
Date:
April 5, 2000 11:19
Re: CVS: Ugh
Message ID:
20000405141953.A24927@monk.mps.ohio-state.edu
On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 12:20:40PM -0400, Bennett Todd wrote:
> But I really like its balance of complexity -vs- functionality; I
> like the way it exposes as much as you want of its underpinnings. By
> sticking strictly to a directory heirarchy of RCS files, it may end
> up with limitations that turn icko when you want to rename things
> (although create and remove isn't an awful way of handling it). But
> it retains lovely compatibility with other tools.

Why sticking with RCS is a limitation?  I can move RCS files around
without any problem.  All what is needed is a file with a mapping
"real name" => "the name in the source tree".

Ilya