develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from April 2000

Re: CVS: Ugh

From:
Chip Salzenberg
Date:
April 5, 2000 11:03
Re: CVS: Ugh
Message ID:
20000405110334.B3606@perlsupport.com
According to John van V.:
> > >   CVS is to ClearCase as Windows is to Unix.
>
> Odd coming from VA, writers of SourceForge

Hey, CVS is open source and does its job well, so my comparison wasn't
entirely fair.  It's just that CVS's self-chosen job is, IMO, too
limited.

But SourceForge is the product of a small (brilliant, dedicated) team
within VA.  If I'd been involved, we would at least be offering some
alternative to CVS.  I think.
--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <chip@valinux.com>