develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from April 2000

Re: Neat site: Advogato

From:
Russ Allbery
Date:
April 4, 2000 15:20
Re: Neat site: Advogato
Message ID:
ylr9clmrue.fsf@windlord.stanford.edu
Chip Salzenberg <chip@valinux.com> writes:
> According to John Tobey:

>> I bet a "cvs mv" that I wouldn't be ashamed of could be implemented
>> in 50 lines of Perl.  (is that what you meant?)

> I think so.  I'd like to see it, actually.  And if it copes properly
> with the target directory not yet existing, bonus points.

This is a topic of regular and very heated discussion on info-cvs, just so
that you're warned.  It's rather difficult to come up with good semantics
for file moves that don't have various drawbacks.