develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from March 2000

g++ fall down, go boom.

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
March 7, 2000 10:31
Subject:
g++ fall down, go boom.
Message ID:
20000307133115.C30000@athens.aocn.com
Hi, I'm here.  I figured it can't hurt to subscribe since the volume
is so low.  I'm sorry to say my first post is going to be a "hey, is
this thing supposed to work?" report.

schwern@athens:/usr/local/src/topaz-0.10$ make
g++ -g -pipe -frtti -Iegcs  -I. -c test_buffer.cc
In file included from test_buffer.cc:1:
Buffer.hh: In function `static class Perl::Buffer::Guts * Perl::Buffer::Guts::PtrPolicy<Perl::Buffer::Guts>::init()':
Counted.hh:104:   instantiated from `Perl::CountedPtr<Perl::Buffer::Guts,Perl::Buffer::Guts::PtrPolicy<Perl::Buffer::Guts> >::CountedPtr()'
Buffer.hh:36:   instantiated from here
Buffer.hh:131: Internal compiler error.
Buffer.hh:131: Please submit a full bug report.
Buffer.hh:131: See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/faq.html#bugreport> for instructions.
make: *** [test_buffer.o] Error 1
schwern@athens:/usr/local/src/topaz-0.10$ g++ --version
2.95.2

Bang.

I guess this is a Very Bad Thing, but more for g++.  Still, I figured
you guys should know.  My knowledge of C++ is pretty poor, and my
knowledge of compiler internals is even worse so I'm not the person to
debug this. :(

So, any trivial, inconsequential features I could muck around with?

--

Michael G Schwern      http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/	   schwern@pobox.com
<purl> Hey, Schwern!  THERE IS A HUGE GAZORGANSPLATTEDFARTMONGERING-