develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from October 1999

Linux: the next Evil Empire? ;)

From:
Ken Fox
Date:
October 20, 1999 14:34
Linux: the next Evil Empire? ;)
Message ID:
199910202134.RAA25948@mailfw3.ford.com
John Porter writes:
> Ken Fox wrote:
> > This is one of the reasons Linux developers oppose C++ -- it's hard
> > to "get a feel" for the way code will run by just looking at it.
>
> s/Linux developers/all systems programmers/.

Well, that's not a true statement -- I happen to know a system programmer
who advocates C++. ;)

> I sure would like to know how this meme got started,
> that Linux developers are the first and only systems
> programmers.

I never said that and certainly I don't believe it. Perhaps the meme
exists only in the popular press? Or maybe you just have a healthy
skepticism towards the popular? ;)

- Ken

--
Ken Fox, kfox@ford.com, (313)59-44794
Ford Motor Company, Powertrain           | "Is this some sort of trick