develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from October 1999

Re: Topaz and Regular Expressions

From:
John Porter
Date:
October 20, 1999 07:15
Re: Topaz and Regular Expressions
Message ID:
19991020101506.A22010@min.net
Ken Fox wrote:

> IMHO C++ can be
> used to hide a great deal of complexity, but when things that look fast
> run extremely slowly, the hiding gets in the way. (This is one of the
> reasons Linux developers oppose C++ -- it's hard to "get a feel" for
> the way code will run by just looking at it.)

s/Linux developers/all systems programmers/.

I sure would like to know how this meme got started,
that Linux developers are the first and only systems
programmers.

--
John Porter