develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from October 1999

Re: Topaz and Regular Expressions

From:
Chip Salzenberg
Date:
October 19, 1999 16:43
Re: Topaz and Regular Expressions
Message ID:
19991019154716.B485@perlsupport.com
According to Ed Peschko:
> 1) is the regular expression engine itself going to get a rewrite/revise?

I think Ilya's handling that side of the house quite well.  I'd like
to minimize the changes required and let him keep working on it.

> 2)how 'clean' is the API going to be?

> 	while (a.regmatch("H(.*?)(?=H|$)", "sg"))

That'd be very nice to have, and I'd love to see it.  I can't make any
promises, though.  It'll take a great deal of care to make sure that
all connections back from the regex engine to the Perl runtime can be
severed cleanly on demand.
--
Chip Salzenberg             - a.k.a. -              <chip@valinux.com>
           "I am the Lemon Zester of Destruction!"  //MST3K