develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from May 2006

Re: perl6-users or perl6-meta? A: perl6-users

From:
Conrad Schneiker
Date:
May 20, 2006 09:15
Re: perl6-users or perl6-meta? A: perl6-users
Message ID:
446F4021.8060501@Gmail.com
Markus Laire wrote:

> perl6-meta was reactivated[1] few weeks ago.
> Now that perl6-users has been created[2], what about perl6-meta?
> Will perl6-meta be used anymore or not?
>
> I'll guess perl6-users will be used instead of perl6-meta, but I'm
> just asking for confirmation so that I'll know which lists to follow.

Oops. Should have posted something earlier about this. My apologies.

Answer: perl6-users (aka perl.perl6.users) is the one you want to follow.

Background: When I started making inquiries about starting a newsgroup
oriented to early users of Perl 6, the #perl6 suggestion behind
perl6-meta (aka perl.perl6.meta) was to take over an existing mail
list as shortcut to getting new one established. As it turned out, a
new mail list with a more self-descriptive name was established a
couple of weeks later, thanks to Ask Bjørn Hansen.

Conrad Schneiker