develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from August 2001

Re: Perl 6 modules plan

From:
Ask Bjoern Hansen
Date:
August 11, 2001 10:52
Re: Perl 6 modules plan
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.33.0108111050580.21980-100000@impatience.valueclick.com
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Kirrily Robert wrote:

[...]
> =head2 The role of CPAN
>
> Will CPAN's role remain unchanged?  Will there be a separate space for
> Perl 6 modules (6PAN)?
>
> If we do want to make changes to CPAN then Perl 6 gives us an
> opportunity for a "flag day" if we need one.  OK, not an actually flag
> *day*, but at least a point where we can say "Things are different for
> Perl 6" and to hell with backwards compatibility ;)

Eh, that doesn't sound like something we want to do for quite a few
years.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://ask.netcetera.dk/   !try; do();