develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from August 2001

Re: SV: Perl 6 modules plan

From:
Kirrily Robert
Date:
August 10, 2001 10:28
Re: SV: Perl 6 modules plan
Message ID:
E15VG4v-0000hx-00@tanqueray.infotrope.net
In perl.perl6.meta, you wrote:
>> Database modules
>>
>Already exists:   dbi-dev@perl.org
>(Just tried to get it in before Tim Bunce did :-)

Nope.  Here's my list of things which are top-level namespaces for
database-related modules:

        AnyDBM_File
        BTRIEVE
        BerkeleyDB
        AsciiDB
        DBD
        DBI
        DBIx
        DBM
        DBZ_File
        DB_File
        GDBM_File
        MLDBM
        MSSQL
        Msql
        Mysql
        NDBM_File
        ODBM_File
        Oraperl
        Pg
        Pg95
        PgSQL
        SDBM_File
        SQL
        Sybase
        XBase

Note how few of them are DBI-related.  I want to get them *all* together.

But let's continue this over on -stdlib, rather than on -meta.  I'd set
a reply-to, but it seems to get munged or something.

K.

--
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - skud@infotrope.net - http://infotrope.net/
"I seem to be having discussions about infinity lately."