develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from August 2001

Re: Perl 6 modules plan

From:
Kirrily Robert
Date:
August 9, 2001 15:17
Re: Perl 6 modules plan
Message ID:
E15Uy7I-0000W8-00@tanqueray.infotrope.net
Schwern wrote:
>> Will CPAN's role remain unchanged?  Will there be a separate space for
>> Perl 6 modules (6PAN)?
>>
>> If we do want to make changes to CPAN then Perl 6 gives us an
>> opportunity for a "flag day" if we need one.  OK, not an actually flag
>> *day*, but at least a point where we can say "Things are different for
>> Perl 6" and to hell with backwards compatibility ;)
>
>Jarko made very vague noises at TPC that CPAN and Perl 6 would be
>handled by simply having a different directory.
>ftp://some.mirror.org/CPAN/perl6/ or something.  Seems perfectly
>sensible.

Yup, that's the impression I'd got... that there would be some kind of
trivial segregation of the two, but not a major reworking.

K.

--
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - skud@infotrope.net - http://infotrope.net/
"I've decided to rename [Connect's Melbourne border router] 'Madi's Pants'