develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from August 2001

Re: Perl 6 modules plan

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
August 9, 2001 14:35
Re: Perl 6 modules plan
Message ID:
20010809173506.A566@blackrider
On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 03:39:32PM -0400, Kirrily Robert wrote:
> =head1 THINGS THAT NEED DOING
>
> =item Testing tools
>
> See L<Test::Simple>, L<Test::More>, L<Pod::Tests>

Because they're so young, these should be trivial translations to Perl
6.

At the moment, if you want to help out a test module, help Test::Unit.
Also things like Devel::Cover and Devel::DProf.

> Will CPAN's role remain unchanged?  Will there be a separate space for
> Perl 6 modules (6PAN)?
>
> If we do want to make changes to CPAN then Perl 6 gives us an
> opportunity for a "flag day" if we need one.  OK, not an actually flag
> *day*, but at least a point where we can say "Things are different for
> Perl 6" and to hell with backwards compatibility ;)

Jarko made very vague noises at TPC that CPAN and Perl 6 would be
handled by simply having a different directory.
ftp://some.mirror.org/CPAN/perl6/ or something.  Seems perfectly
sensible.

Perl6 Quality Assurance     <perl-qa@perl.org>	     Kwalitee Is Job One
Jesus hates me.
	http://www.unamerican.com/