develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from July 2001

Re: Perl DOC BOF

From:
Kirrily Robert
Date:
Re: Perl DOC BOF
Message ID:
E15RRFW-0000O2-00@tanqueray.infotrope.net
Ziggy wrote:
>On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 12:48:54AM -0400, Bryan C . Warnock wrote:
>>
>> There was a Perl Documentation BOF that was scheduled for 6:30 Friday;
>> however, it seems none of the folks who showed up actually called it, and
>> none of the folks who called it actually showed up.  (Or showed up fairly
>> late - after I had already left.)

D'oh!  I missed hearing about it... and was probably too wiped out by
then to be useful anyway.

>	0. Licensing (Casey favors OPL, Bradley strongly urges FDL, with
>		a reliance on copyright law, and I'm the simple son who
>		knows not how to ask...)
>	1. Target Audience
>	2. Format (quick to read, quick to write docs that link together;
>		2 paragraph intro that becomes a daily tip)
>	3. Document Types (tutorial, howto, faq, what else do we need?)
>	4. Key areas of focus (perl5 newbies, perl6, whatever)
>
>That was it.  This discussion will probably take place online sometime
>in the next month.

Well, count me in, in a general sense.  I'm not sure I have anything
particularly productive to add right now, though.

K.

--
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - skud@infotrope.net - http://infotrope.net/
Death before decaf.