develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from July 2001

Re: Perl DOC BOF

From:
Casey West
Date:
Re: Perl DOC BOF
Message ID:
20010730163922.A13655@stupid.geeknest.com
On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 05:21:37PM -0400, David Grove wrote:
: On Monday 30 July 2001 17:09, Me wrote:
: > > 2. Format (quick to read, quick to write docs that link together;
: > > 2 paragraph intro that becomes a daily tip)
: >
: > Are thinking of making a wiki a key part of the overall picture?
:
: If ya do, make it understand POD and not the normal wikiyikky markup gunk.

I haven't finished this idea yet but, I was talking with Andy Wardley
and this may be the idea.  Except it will be the Template Toolkit
interfacing with wiki which means we can build filters that translate
POD.  Of course, if the wiki internal format isn't some type of
DocBook, it's not going to solve all our problems very well.

More on this later ;-)

  Casey West

--
Shooting yourself in the foot with Linux
Generous programmers from around the world all join forces to help you