develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from July 2001

Re: Perl Doesn't Suck

From:
Abigail
Date:
Re: Perl Doesn't Suck
Message ID:
20010702161509.21268.qmail@foad.org
On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 06:59:07PM -0400, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> As a Solaris gal, this might all seem perfectly sensible.  Myself, I'm
> doubly screwed running Linux (which is not Windows or Solaris) on a
> PowerPC (which is not Intel or Sparc).  Sun might have perfectly valid
> business reasons for concentrating on Solaris and Windows, but in the
> end it still means I'm screwed.

Blech. Sun didn't force you to run either Linux, or to use a PPC platform.
It's your choice, and blaming Sun to screw you doesn't make much sense.

Abigail