develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from October 2000

Re: Transcription of Larry's talk

From:
J. David Blackstone
Date:
October 18, 2000 23:07
Re: Transcription of Larry's talk
Message ID:
200010190610.BAA23989@dfw.nationwide.net
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 10:32:32AM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
>> Rename the local operator?  Yeah, I think we ought to do that.  It
>> confuses people when we call it local().  The problem is, of course,
>> that this is not a perfect solution--they haven't come up with the
>> right name here: savetmp, tmpsave, scratchpad, etc.
>
> You're learning Japanese, right? It's gotta be "toriaezu".[1] :)
>
> [1] 'For the time being', roughly speaking.

Do we need to add a book on Japanese to the reading list?  Seems like
I'm the only one here who doesn't speak it.

[And now they're keeping the newbies locked out by doing all
development work in Japanese.]

:)

jdb