develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from October 2000

C Sharp?

From:
David Grove
Date:
October 18, 2000 20:40
Subject:
C Sharp?
Message ID:
01C03952.F9C654C0.pete@petes-place.com
Isn't C# (C Sharp) a Microsoft-owned language that is (currently) available
only on Win2k (though apparently targeted for crossplatform)? After Larry said
he was thinking of making parts of Perl 6 in C#, I went on a studying rampage.
I find nothing for anything except Win2k. Can someone provide links to
compilers or resources for non-Win32/Win2k C#?

FWIW, although I hate Java with a passion, something about C# seems to be
getting me... umm... aroused...

(And I swore I'd never use another Microsoft Development Tool.)