develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from October 2000

Re: Transcription of Larry's talk

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
October 18, 2000 11:17
Re: Transcription of Larry's talk
Message ID:
20001018191752.D42815@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 10:58:45AM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
> Simon Cozens writes:
> : You're learning Japanese, right? It's gotta be "toriaezu".[1] :)
>
> Yes, but if we go down that route, we're gonna end up with all the
> verbs at the end.  Instead of "print @foo", we get something like:
>
>     @foo wa kaite kudasai;

Surely they only need to go at the end if they're in a Japanese script?
The Latin alphabet transliteration could still sit in front.
(and it would show off the Unicode abilities of perl if keywords were
aliasable into the alphabet of your choice. But there might be a price
to pay in script maintainability.)

Nicholas Clark