develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from October 2000

Re: Transcription of Larry's talk

From:
Simon Cozens
Date:
October 18, 2000 10:49
Re: Transcription of Larry's talk
Message ID:
20001018184758.A8047@pembro4.pmb.ox.ac.uk
On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 10:32:32AM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
> Rename the local operator?  Yeah, I think we ought to do that.  It
> confuses people when we call it local().  The problem is, of course,
> that this is not a perfect solution--they haven't come up with the
> right name here: savetmp, tmpsave, scratchpad, etc.

You're learning Japanese, right? It's gotta be "toriaezu".[1] :)

[1] 'For the time being', roughly speaking.

--
<deus_x> Anyone who takes words on the screen personally should not be on IRC.