develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from October 2000

Larry's ALS talk

From:
Bradley M. Kuhn
Date:
October 16, 2000 18:34
Subject:
Larry's ALS talk
Message ID:
20001016213442.O10749@ebb.org
[dragged this thread to perl6-meta@perl.org, where it is probably better
 discussed.  Please honor Reply-To:]

Leon Brocard wrote:
> Bradley M. Kuhn sent the following bits through the ether:
>
> > It should be noted that in Larry's speech on Friday, he said that he wanted
> > to write the Lexer and Parser for Perl in some subset of Perl.  :)
>
> Is there a writeup somewhere for those who couldn't attend?

I suppose I should do one---it appears that I may have been the only Perl6
hacker in attendance.

However, Larry had good slides and some notes, I noticed (they flashed on
the screen briefly while he was switching windows).  Perhaps he could put
those on his WWW site?  (hint, hint, Larry.  :)

If he doesn't do that this week, this weekend, I will summarize the talk as
I remember it and send it to Chris Nandor for use Perl.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn  -  http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn