develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from September 2018

Re: $? and $! equivalents

From:
Brandon Allbery
Date:
September 14, 2018 22:15
Re: $? and $! equivalents
Message ID:
CAKFCL4Uqc1g5ViqgHemoe4MZ8YTamsLu=YyQHV22igE-V0iOeQ@mail.gmail.com
Magic variables make multiple threads impossible, which is why perl 5 is
stuck with ithreads: what happens if two threads each "run" something at
around the same time?

In Perl 6, you have a Proc object for each subprocess, and can query it for
its status and/or result code; for things like sub run, the Proc should be
the return value.

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh
allbery.b@gmail.com