develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from February 2018

Re: Naming debate- what's the location for it?

From:
Ruud H.G. van Tol
Date:
February 10, 2018 10:53
Re: Naming debate- what's the location for it?
Message ID:
0765609d-887b-5378-707d-629ccf4dd011@isolution.nl
Don't type here.

On 2018-02-10 05:16, Parrot Raiser wrote:
> On 2/10/18, Darren Duncan <darren@darrenduncan.net> wrote:

>> I think if we want to keep "Perl" in the name we should use "C" as a precedent.
>> Other related languages keeping "C" include "Objective C", "C#", "C++",
>
> Perl++ would work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perl_6
doesn't explain well what makes "Perl_6" special and convenient.

Have a list of specialties, like:
- hyper-operators
- ...

and then use that to inspire a name, like:

PerlZ (toothpaste)
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22perlz%22+-perla&t=ffab&ia=web

*HyPerl*
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22hyperl%22+-hyper+-hyperlink+-hyperlinks+-hyperlipidemia+-hyperlite+-hyperloop+-hyperlynx+-hypertension&t=ffab&ia=web

Plector (in use)
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/plector

Mu-Perl https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu_(letter)

Perlite https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perlite

Perlang https://www.google.com.my/maps/place/Perlang

Etc.

I still like 'Onion'.
And 'Perl6' (without any separator).

-- Greetings, Ruud

So also think about search engines. Remember "go, golang" (IMO DOA).