develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from June 2010

Re: Announce: Rakudo Perl 6 development release #30 ("Kiev")

From:
Stefan O'Rear
Date:
Re: Announce: Rakudo Perl 6 development release #30 ("Kiev")
Message ID:
20100618015044.GA1803@localhost.localdomain
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 04:55:38PM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
> So, is "Rakudo Star" meant to be a parallel release series, sort of like
> Perl 5.12.x vs 5.13.x are now, or are the monthly Rakudo releases we've
> been seeing going to be named "Star" at some point?  I thought I read
> recently that "Star" would be coming in June. -- Darren Duncan

Rakudo Star is a parrallel release series; however, it is not a series of
compiler releases, but a series of complete Perl 6 environments.  A
single release of Rakudo Star will contain:

- Some version of Rakudo (not necessarily a monthly)
- Some version of Parrot
- Some random libraries
- Documentation

all vetted to work OK together.