develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from September 2008

Re: Split with negative limits, and other weirdnesses

From:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Carl_M=E4sak?=
Date:
September 28, 2008 04:25
Re: Split with negative limits, and other weirdnesses
Message ID:
16d769b70809280425t20da7524reb4792567ea88d30@mail.gmail.com
Jason (>):
> It makes sense to me to go with option 1; you get what you ask for. It also
> makes sense to make to not use magical implied numbers, such as negatives,
> to accomplish things that either ranges or whatever star can accomplish.

Aye, agreement. There's a whole lot of consensus already... reading
through the discussion once more, I don't find anyone saying anything
contradicting the above summary.

Chris, I'm not in a position to provide a final word, but it seems
very possible already to use what has already been said here as a
basis for an implementation.

// Carl