develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from August 2006

Apply the unpace rule into embedded comments

From:
Agent Zhang
Date:
August 13, 2006 05:54
Subject:
Apply the unpace rule into embedded comments
Message ID:
c711ff240608130554j6a4d4862nbe54f1d9e0c2a9ca@mail.gmail.com
Hi, there~

While I was adding tests to t/syntax/comments.t in the Pugs test suit
this afternoon, I suddenly came up with this form of embedded
comments:

    my $foo = #\   (this is a comment) 42;
    is $foo, 42;

Now that we have the excellent unspace rule, why can't we use it
consistently with the embedded comment syntax?

As Luke said on #perl6, although this is not an important issue at
all, it's an interesting corner case in Perl 6's syntax. :=)

Regards,
Agent