develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from May 2006

Re: Scans

From:
Larry Wall
Date:
Re: Scans
Message ID:
20060508230235.GB2668@wall.org
On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 05:30:23PM +0300, Gaal Yahas wrote:
: We have a very nifty reduce metaoperator. Scans are a counterpart of
: reduce that are very useful -- they are the (preferably lazy) list of
: consecutive accumulated reductions up to the final result. But I can't
: think of a convenient way of expressing scans in Perl 6.
:
: I'm probably not thinking hard enough, so if anyone can come up with an
: implementation please give it :)  Otherwise, how about we add this to
: the language?

Maybe that's just what reduce operators do in list context.

Larry