develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from September 2005

Object Model Pictures

From:
Stevan Little
Date:
September 12, 2005 12:12
Subject:
Object Model Pictures
Message ID:
8C29083E-D00C-4DA0-AAE2-121B0099FE65@iinteractive.com
Hello again.

In my never ending quest to implement the Perl 6 object model, I have
started drawing pictures. Here is the latest version:

http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/perl5/Perl6-MetaModel2.0/docs/
p6_object_model.jpg

(and for OmniGraffle users: http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/perl5/
Perl6-MetaModel2.0/docs/p6_object_model.graffle)

I would appreciate any comments/questions/suggestions anyone has to
offer.

A few things to note:

- Roles are not yet included in this, I am of the opinion that the
core MetaModel should be role-less, and roles will be laid on top of
the core metamodel post-bootstrapping. This makes the most sense
currently, however, this may change down the road, either way I think
it is an implementation detail as long as it "looks" the same when
everything is loaded.

- the word "meta" is used to describe the "three-circle" items.
Please do not read to much into this terminology, "meta" simply means
"you should not touch this unless you *really* know what you are
doing". Suggestions on better names are welcome.

- the reason Foo and $foo are smaller is because they are "user
created" items.

Okay, thats all my caveats, fire away please.

Stevan