Re: Elimination of Item|Pair and Any|Junction

From:
Autrijus Tang
Date:
Re: Elimination of Item|Pair and Any|Junction
Message ID:
20050727195554.GB24068@aut.dyndns.org
On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 09:12:00AM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
> Yes.  The only thing I don't like about it is that any() isn't an Any.

<snip>

>     - Object
> 	- Mumble
> 	    - Item
> 		- ...pretty much everything
> 	    - Pair
> 	- Junction
>     - num, int, str...

Hrm.  I thought the original motivation of forcing people to write

    Any|Junction

was precisely to discourage people from accidentally write

    sub foo (Any $x)

and have $x accept a Junction.  In other words, any() should not be of
type Any.  Hence it still feels natural for me that Any occurs at the
position of Mumble.

Thanks,
/Autrijus/