Re: Elimination of Item|Pair and Any|Junction

From:
Mark A. Biggar
Date:
Re: Elimination of Item|Pair and Any|Junction
Message ID:
42E7DDE0.5050907@biggar.org
Larry Wall wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 06:28:22PM +0200, "TSa (Thomas SandlaƟ)" wrote:
> : Since we are in type hierachies these days, here's my from ::Any
> : towards ::All version.
>
> That's pretty, but if you don't move Junction upward, you haven't
> really addressed the question Autrijus is asking.  We're looking
> for a simple type name that means none(Junction) for use as the
> default type of the $x parameter to -> $x {...}.  Whatever we call
> it, this type/class/role/subtype has to admit Item and Pair objects
> but not Junctions.  (And if that's the wrong way to think about it,
> please tell us why.)

Suggestions:

Definite
Singelton (but that may mean no pairs, oops)
Solid
Settled
NonJunctive (yuck)
Terminal
NonThreaded (yuck)
Simple (but that could exclude arrays and hashs)]
Basic

Interesting question: are junctions infectious, are class object that
include a member with ajunction type also junctions?

--
mark@biggar.org
mark.a.biggar@comcast.net