Re: Elimination of Item|Pair and Any|Junction

From:
Larry Wall
Date:
Re: Elimination of Item|Pair and Any|Junction
Message ID:
20050727183522.GB8321@wall.org
On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 06:28:22PM +0200, "TSa (Thomas SandlaƟ)" wrote:
: Since we are in type hierachies these days, here's my from ::Any
: towards ::All version.

That's pretty, but if you don't move Junction upward, you haven't
really addressed the question Autrijus is asking.  We're looking
for a simple type name that means none(Junction) for use as the
default type of the $x parameter to -> $x {...}.  Whatever we call
it, this type/class/role/subtype has to admit Item and Pair objects
but not Junctions.  (And if that's the wrong way to think about it,
please tell us why.)

Larry