Re: WTF? - Re: method calls on $self

From:
Autrijus Tang
Date:
Re: WTF? - Re: method calls on $self
Message ID:
20050714154748.GA10626@aut.dyndns.org
If this were a straw poll, I'd say...

1. Meaning of $_

    .method should mean $_.method always.  Making it into a runtime
    error is extremely awkward; a compile-time error with detailed
    explanataion is acceptable but suboptimal.

2. Topicalization of $?SELF

    Neutral on this -- I can argue bothways. in my limited experience
    of writing p6 code, it is convenient but somewhat confusing
    to topicalize the invocant.

3. Shorthand of $?SELF.method

    I find ./method to be very useful in practice, and my brain
    gets use to it rather quickly.  The association to pattern
    matching and division gradually fades away, at which time
    its novelty cease to be a problem.

Thanks,
/Autrijus/