Re: User-defined infix subs/methods?

From:
Autrijus Tang
Date:
Re: User-defined infix subs/methods?
Message ID:
20050714011929.GA15571@aut.dyndns.org
On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 02:10:06PM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
> Good, I'd forgotten about that.  Which means that it's even harder
> for someone to compile a module in a "strange" dialect, since they'd
> essentially have to write their own version of "use" that forces
> recompilation ("reuse", if you will).  And the harder we make it to
> write "reuse", the better.

Within perl 5, there is an extremely easy way to write that, namely
coderef in @INC that provides line-based filtering:

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Acme-use-strict-with-pride/pride.pm

Are we to discontinue use of coderef-in-@*INC, and switch to the
slightly more difficult but far more manageable approach of rebinding
&*require?

Thanks,
/Autrijus/