Re: WTF? - Re: method calls on $self

From:
Larry Wall
Date:
Re: WTF? - Re: method calls on $self
Message ID:
20050713221302.GA12162@wall.org
On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 04:43:06PM +0530, Aankhen wrote:
: I agree with what is being said here.  `.method` is a great way to
: eliminate a lot of repetitive, tedious typing.  Surely there is a
: viable alternative that doesn't involve outlawing it?

Certainly.  The problem is that there are too many viable alternatives,
and half of everyone hates half of the alternatives.

You will know I'm no longer a benevolent dictator when I start to enjoy
watching people squirm every time I change my mind.

Larry