Re: User-defined infix subs/methods?

From:
Larry Wall
Date:
Re: User-defined infix subs/methods?
Message ID:
20050713220332.GA11463@wall.org
On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 05:48:47PM +0200, Ingo Blechschmidt wrote:
: If you wanted the compiler to parse SomeOtherModule.pm using Ruby's
: grammar, you'd have to write:
:
:     use Grammar::Ruby;
:     reuse SomeOtherModule

You'd also have to write "reuse", because we're not going to write it
for you, because we'd rather you just put "use Grammar::Ruby" in the
front of the other module instead of trying to force it implicitly
into a different language.  On the other hand, if Grammar::Ruby also
modifies the file extension to look for, "reuse" might be the fastest
way to write a Ruby compiler.  :-)

Larry