Re: User-defined infix subs/methods?

From:
Michele Dondi
Date:
Re: User-defined infix subs/methods?
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.62.0507131509570.15631@leia.pcteor1.mi.infn.it
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Larry Wall wrote:

> Good, I'd forgotten about that.  Which means that it's even harder
> for someone to compile a module in a "strange" dialect, since they'd
> essentially have to write their own version of "use" that forces
> recompilation ("reuse", if you will).  And the harder we make it to
> write "reuse", the better.

IIUC this will introduce a certain degree of asymmetry though, in that in
some sense p6 will be extremely generous in giving users the ability to
use whatever dialect/syntax modification they like in their programs but
just at the same time it will try to make it hard for them to do so when
refactoring code into suitable modules. Ain't it so?

Michele
--
Either of these mechanisms should be available in IE (after
sacrificing a suitable animal to XP SP2, I suppose).