Raw bytes in perl6

From:
David Formosa
Date:
July 12, 2005 02:11
Subject:
Raw bytes in perl6
Message ID:
slrndd6inq.li.dformosa@dformosa.zeta.org.au
How do we intend to manipulate raw binary in Perl6?  Perl5's use
bytes; pragma is rather poor (forcing all strings to be raw in its
scope or requiring do {use bytes; ...} type tricks to deal with them)
and now Perl6 has real typing perhaps it would be more usefull to have
a bytestring type (or and octect string type) that doesn't get
utf8ed.

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.