Re: Perl6 burns 18% fewer calories

From:
Michael Hendricks
Date:
Re: Perl6 burns 18% fewer calories
Message ID:
20050711151845.26939.qmail@lists.develooper.com
Adam Kennedy wrote:

> My god! What is this wonderful module of which you speak?

Text::TypingEffort is available on CPAN.

> Finally a chance to help in the argument that ideas that try to force
> less characters in a huffman-inspired nightmare might make life worse
> from a "actually typing it in real life" sense.

Similar questions were part of my motivation for writing the module.

> I wonder if handles different keyboard, I'd like to the differences in
> using Perl between the different country keyboards. Especially those
> poor nordics with the / and $ in funny places :)

The module handles different keyboard layouts fairly easily.  There's a
function register_layout() that lets you specify your own layouts.  The
module currently has QWERTY, Dvorak and ASET keyboard layouts built in. If
you create another layout, let me know so that I can add it to the module.

--

Michael Hendricks