Re: Perl6 burns 18% fewer calories

From:
Adam Kennedy
Date:
Re: Perl6 burns 18% fewer calories
Message ID:
20050709123144.10624.qmail@lists.develooper.com
Michael Hendricks wrote:
> In other words, Huffman coding works and Perl6 hackers had better start
> watching their waistlines.  Or maybe we should spin it that Perl6 helps
> reduce global warming ;)
>
> Anyway, I collected a small sample (~300 lines each) of Perl5 code along
> with "equivalent" Perl6 code.  Some came from the Exegeses and others from
> Pugs' SVN.  I had Text::TypingEffort give me some pseudo-scientific results
> and typing the Perl5 code takes about 18% more physical effort than typing
> the Perl6 code.

My god! What is this wonderful module of which you speak?

Finally a chance to help in the argument that ideas that try to force
less characters in a huffman-inspired nightmare might make life worse
from a "actually typing it in real life" sense.

I wonder if handles different keyboard, I'd like to the differences in
using Perl between the different country keyboards. Especially those
poor nordics with the / and $ in funny places :)

Adam K