Perl6 burns 18% fewer calories

From:
Michael Hendricks
Date:
July 9, 2005 02:47
Subject:
Perl6 burns 18% fewer calories
Message ID:
20050708201447.9339.qmail@lists.develooper.com
In other words, Huffman coding works and Perl6 hackers had better start
watching their waistlines.  Or maybe we should spin it that Perl6 helps
reduce global warming ;)

Anyway, I collected a small sample (~300 lines each) of Perl5 code along
with "equivalent" Perl6 code.  Some came from the Exegeses and others from
Pugs' SVN.  I had Text::TypingEffort give me some pseudo-scientific results
and typing the Perl5 code takes about 18% more physical effort than typing
the Perl6 code.

--

Michael Hendricks