Re: Mr. Clean vs. Perl 6

From:
David Formosa
Date:
Re: Mr. Clean vs. Perl 6
Message ID:
slrndc97p6.1v7.dformosa@dformosa.zeta.org.au
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:53:44 +0200, St├ęphane Payrard
<stef@payrard.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 06:17:14AM -0000, David Formosa (aka ? the
Platypus) wrote:

[...]

>> I would prefur this to be written.
>>
>> use strict "types";
>>

> I suspect there will be many ways to do types stricture/inference in
> Perl6.  I expect that type modules will influence PIL generation so
> that people will have to choose the structures they want at a given
> place:
>
>   use Types::some-type-sheme
>
> or even
>
>   use Types::Functional::some-sub-type-sheme
>
> If such a typing mode gives us an haskell with some Perl6  concrete
> syntax we eventually could port the whole Haskell environment as
> Perl6.

I'm quite sure that in time we will be able to replace the entire
typing engine, possably by walking the AST via macros.  Though I would
like the most common options to be short.

> docs/notes/recursive_polymorphism_and_type_inference is a start in
> that direction.

Its an interesting document.

> The best we can hope is that PIL generarion will eventually be
> written  in Perl6.

I expect that the best we can hope for is that everything but the
backend will be written in Perl6.

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.