Re: AUTLOAD and $_

From:
Rod Adams
Date:
Re: AUTLOAD and $_
Message ID:
42B75AC6.5010201@rodadams.net
Juerd wrote:

>I also don't see the symmetry between AUTOLOAD and AUTOMETH. Two things
>bother be about that: LOAD versus METH, while it should be SUB versus
>METH, and that METHOD is abbreviated while in the method keyword it is
>not. Either it should be abbreviated everywhere: meth foo { ... }, or
>nowhere: AUTOMETHOD. I personally like the "meth foo { ... }".

S10 talks about how it is AUTOSUB vs AUTOMETH (and others), but AUTOLOAD
is still around. S10 doesn't mention it, but I think it's been said that
AUTOLOAD only gets called as a last resort.

S10 also mentions that the 'goto' is implicit. I think I like the return
of a ref better, since you're not always going to want to build the
function out and store it. But the call can be hijacked, so I guess
that's okay.

-- Rod Adams