proposal: 404 method

From:
=?ISO-8859-2?Q?B=C1RTH=C1ZI_Andr=E1s?=
Date:
proposal: 404 method
Message ID:
42B6DE49.8060008@barthazi.hu
Hi,

Is there a way, to catch, if I call a method, that doesn't exists, to
run a default one? I'm thinking about an "error handler" method. If not,
I would like to propose this:

class MyClass {
	method example ($self: $var) {
		say "HELLO";
	}
	method default ($self: $method_name, %parameters)
             is method_not_found {
		say "$method_name called";

$mc = new MyClass;
$mc.example("var")
$mc.helloworld("var", "var");

----------------------

and it outputs:

HELLO
helloworld called

The above is maybe not the best (and not the most valid) syntax for my
proposal, but I think you can get the idea. It would be very useful the
hide parameters into the method name, like this:

  save_the_world();
  save_the_captain();

And the default method will match the method name with
/^save_the_(.*)$/, and saves $1.

I hope, you will like it. As I know, it's not possible currently.

Bye,
   Andras