Re: sub my_zip (...?) {}

From:
Gaal Yahas
Date:
Re: sub my_zip (...?) {}
Message ID:
20050616162442.GM14133@sike.forum2.org
[Sent off-group by mistake. On #perl6 the impression was that now Pipe
is becoming a Role for things that can lazily be read from; and thus any
filehandle or lazy list fulfills them. Larry, please help us understand
if this is the case.]

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 08:53:41AM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
> The semicolon operator no longer builds a list of lists, but a list
> of pipes, which are specially marked Lazies that know they came from
> pipe operators (including semicolons as a kind of pipe operator).
> When bound to an ordinary splat array (or in fact any splat array whose
> type isn't Pipe), the Pipes flatten as if they were comma separated.
> When bound to an array of type Pipe, each pipe stays discrete.

I thought the class Pipe was reserved for what the result of open-"foo|"
is in Perl 5? That's what we call it in Prelude.pm at least; if it needs
to be renamed maybe IPC could work.

--
Gaal Yahas <gaal@forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/