Re: new mailing list: perl6-general?

From:
David Storrs
Date:
Re: new mailing list: perl6-general?
Message ID:
EA4CD655-BB7F-4F83-AE42-E1750C5D2B3D@dstorrs.com
On Jun 15, 2005, at 3:33 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> And here they are...  this is just a draft -- feel free to flame/edit/
> tear it apart liberally.  These are also written assuming we don't
> create a perl6-general list (but it shouldn't be hard to adapt them
> should one be created).

Well, I'd suggest the following.  (Anything not mentioned stays as
you wrote it.)

> perl6-language
>     This is the "theory of" list. Discussion of the design of the
> perl6
>     language, and its desired (or unwanted) feature list. If you have
>     patches and/or suggestions for improving the Perl 6 design
> documents
>     (Apocalypses, Synopses, etc.), send them here.

perl6-howto
     This is the "practice of" list.  Come here to ask "How do I...",
"What
     does XYZ mean?", or "Why doesn't this work?"  Novices are
especially
     welcome.

(Note:  I envision this list being much like beginners@perl.org, but
I never liked that name because it seems like it would drive away
those who have a question but do not consider themselves beginners.
On the other hand, maybe it's more important to explicitly welcome
novices.  I could go either way:  maybe the above list should be
'perl6-beginners')