Re: new mailing list: perl6-general?

From:
=?iso-8859-2?Q?B=C1RTH=C1ZI_Andr=E1s?=
Date:
Re: new mailing list: perl6-general?
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.61.0506141715530.25578@wish.hu
Hi,

> So, that leaves either perl6-language or a new list.  Personally I
> could see it going either way -- even though general Perl6 programming
> questions aren't directly about language design, it may still be
> useful to language designers to see the types of questions that
> people are asking and to see how well the language design can work in
> practice.  Or maybe that's not needed.  But I tend to lean away from
> list proliferation where possible.

> So, I'd suggest putting general questions about Perl 6 on perl6-language.
> In saying this, however, I think it's important to try to distinguish
> questions about Perl 6 from questions about the various implementing
> components such as Pugs, PGE, and any forthcoming Perl 6 compiler(s).
> For some time these implementations will be only approximations of
> the Perl 6 language design, so they're not authoritative as far
> as testing understanding of Perl 6.  (But they are often very
> illustrative and educational. :-)  So, questions like "XYZ doesn't
> seem to work in Pugs or PGE" probably belong on perl6-compiler.

Where should I ask, that what's PGE means? Yes, I know, it's Parrot
Grammar Engine, and I know what it is, but a beginnner maybe not. And I
think that there are a lot of questions around like this, but people feel,
that those questions don't fit to the lists. Or maybe not, don't know. I
agree, that it is useful for the designers to see the questions, but if it
will be a separate list, it still won't be impossible for them.

Anyway, I understand why you wrote what you wrote, so as there will be no
decision, I'll ask my questions on perl6-compiler.

Bye,
   Andras